In order for you to get the most time behind the wheel of a Jaguar sports model, classroom sessions are kept to a minimum, and driving activities occupy most of your day.
Activities: Basic Course
Some of the activities you will experience at the track during our Basic Course include:
- Maximum acceleration using different JaguarDrive Control™ settings
- Braking techniques, including full ABS stopping
- JaguarDrive Control Dynamic Mode and Dynamic Stability Control TracDSC mode handling exercises
- Proper lines through a corner
- Corner entry and exit strategies
- Autocross course instruction
- Full laps at speed following racing lines
- Full laps with a driving coach
- Hot laps with professional drivers
Please schedule your arrival for the afternoon prior to your track day. Our driving coaches will explain the program and share some of their track experiences with you during an evening session from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Track-day activities follow this agenda:
|8:00 a.m||Arrive at track. Coffee and snacks available.|
|8:30 a.m||Orientation and introduction.|
|9:30 a.m||Driving sessions begin.|
|11:30 a.m||Lead / follow introduction to the road course.|
|12:30 p.m||Break for lunch.|
|1:30 p.m||High speed lead / follow driving sessions begin.|
|3:30 p.m||Timed autocross.|
|4:00 p.m||Hot laps with professional drivers.|
|4:30 p.m||Wrap-up and end of on track activities.|
Activities: Advanced Course
The Advanced Course of the Jaguar Performance Driving Academy is available to drivers who have previously participated in the Basic Course. The advanced course augments the driving program with enhanced instruction and in-car telemetry.
Participants in the Advanced Course begin their day with essential skill-building performance drills, including:
- Maximum braking exercises
- Individual corner practice
- Skidpad maneuvers
- Handling oval
After polishing their individual performance driving skills, students participate in individually coached driving sessions around the track. Times and driving lines are recorded by a GPS tracking device and laps are then analyzed to improve driving skills.
This system has integrated video, offering a visual component to the instructors’ critiques. Furthermore, the system allows us to compare your laps and videos side-by-side with those of our professional drivers. These “data” sessions are recorded on a flash drive so you can take them home for further review, or just to share with friends and family. The same highly qualified professional drivers who conduct the Jaguar Performance Driving Academy will provide instruction for the Advanced Course.
* Activities and agenda may vary depending on venue and timing.