Your use of the Web Properties is governed by the Terms and Conditions located at https://www.jaguarusa.com/terms-conditions.
• What Personal Information do we collect? We collect the following categories of Personal Information: Identifiers, Consumer Records, Protected Characteristics, Commercial Information, Audio and Visual Information, Internet or Network Activity Information, Geolocation Data, Marketing and Communications Information, Sensitive Personal Information, and Inferences. We explain those categories in more detail below.
• How do you use my information? We use your information to operate/improve our Web Properties, personalize your experience, communicate with you, provide our products/services, perform research and development, operate our business, support retailer operations, protect information, safeguard our interests, and comply with legal and compliance obligations.
• Do you sell or share my information? We sell and share the following categories of Personal Information: Identifiers, Consumer Records, Protected Characteristics, Commercial Information, Audio and Visual Information, Internet or Network Activity Information, Geolocation Data, Marketing and Communications Information, Sensitive Personal Information, and Inferences. We offer options for you to limit our selling or sharing of your information below.
• How long do you keep my information? We retain your information for the period specified in our retention policy, unless legally required to keep it longer.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect and process different kinds of Personal Information about you. In the last 12 months, we have collected and used the following categories of Personal Information:
• Identifiers such as name, contact information, social media handle, account usernames/passwords, driver’s license number, and state identification card number.
• Consumer Records such as name and contact information.
• Protected Characteristics such as age, gender, and racial or ethnic origin.
• Commercial Information such as details on products or services you purchased or considered. This includes service history, warranty details, product preferences, vehicle configurations, cars purchased/leased, and vehicle identification numbers (commonly known as “VINs”). And it also covers feedback or survey responses.
• Audio and Visual Information such as call recordings and images.
• Internet or Network Activity Information such as your browsing history and interactions with our Web Properties. For example, we collect details including internet protocol (IP) address, MAC Address or device ID/UDID, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our Web Properties.
• Geolocation Data such as your general physical location.
• Marketing and Communications Information such as marketing campaign data, click throughs, your preferences and consent in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, communication preferences, communications via email, mail and text, and activities while visiting a participating dealer.
• Sensitive Personal Information such as usernames/passwords for our websites, driver’s license numbers, and state identification cards.
• Inferences drawn from the Personal Information identified above.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person under 13 years old. Specifically, the Web Properties are not intended or designed to attract children under 13 years old. If you believe your child has provided us information, you can contact us and ask us to delete it.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from you, your devices, and third parties. You can learn more about each category below.
We Collect Information From You
We collect information you voluntarily provide us. For example, we collect Personal Information from you when you: (1) purchase, order, or request information about our products and services; (2) access a JLR USA’s social media account; (3) sign up to receive messages (texts, emails, social media notifications, etc.) from us; (4) participate in a JLR USA contest, event, promotion, or sweepstakes, or respond to one of our surveys; (5) provide JLR USA with comments or suggestions through the Web Properties; and (6) create a user account for use in connection with the Web Properties (your “User Account”).
We Collect Information From Your Devices
We collect information from your devices when you engage with us online.
Below, we highlight some examples of the ways we collect information from your devices:
• Browser Log Files. Our servers automatically log each visitor to the Web Properties and collect and record certain information about each visitor. This information includes or may include your “Internet Protocol”, or IP, address, browser language, browser type, operating system, domain names, browsing history (including time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit), referring/exit web pages and URLs, and number of clicks.
• Web Beacons. Some of our web pages and electronic communications may contain images, which may or may not be visible to you, known as web beacons (sometimes referred to as “clear gifs”). Web beacons collect only limited information that includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
We Collect Information From Third Parties
We collect Personal Information from various third parties, such as our:
• Affiliates. We obtain Personal Information from companies within the Jaguar Land Rover family of companies and affiliates related to us by common control or ownership.
• Retailers and Vehicle Service Providers. We receive Personal Information from third-party retailers and vehicle-service providers in connection with vehicles sales, leases, and repairs. The information that is collected will depend on factors like who you bought or leased your vehicle from and the services that you request throughout the period of your vehicle ownership.
• Third Party Service Providers. We collect Personal Information from service providers including where we operate accounts on third-party platforms, such as email, text, and chat platforms, survey platforms, lenders, and analytic services providers.
• Other Third Parties. We receive Personal Information from third parties including where we operate accounts on third-party platforms, such as social media platforms and roadside assistance platforms
• Advertising Partners. We collect Personal Information from our advertising partners, including those who collaborate with us on joint marketing efforts or host online forms where you can request additional information. We also collect information from our joint marketing partners we work with to offer co-branded service.
Use of Personal Information
We use the Personal Information that we collect for the following business purposes:
• Operate Our Web Properties. We use Personal Information to enable the features of the Web Properties, including: (a) operating any competitions or promotions in which you may participate; (b) setting up and managing your online account; (c) providing services to you, such as providing you information about our vehicles.
• Improve Our Web Properties. We use Personal Information to improve the Web Properties. For example, we may use your data to determine which of our products, features, and services are most popular. We also may analyze your information to help us and our affiliates provide services to you as well as develop new features, functionality, and services.
• Personalize Your Experience. We use Personal Information to personalize your experience on the Web Properties and customize the advertising and content you see.
• Communicate with You. We use Personal Information to communicate with you and to inform you about products and services. For example, we may send you information about existing and new services, products and special offers.
• Provide Our Products/Services. We use Personal Information to provide and deliver our products and services. For example, we use your information to operate, secure, and troubleshoot our offerings; support vehicle service, warranties, and recalls; provide customer service and technical support; and facilitate any incentive or rebate programs.
• Perform Research and Development. We use Personal Information for internal research, development, analytics, and analysis. For example, we monitor current vehicle performance; predict trends or performance; improve existing products and services; and develop new functions, products, and services.
• Operate Our Business. We use Personal Information to operate our business, including maintaining our records and supporting internal/administrative operations.
• Support Retailer Operations. We use Personal Information to support retailer operations.
• Protect Information. We use Personal Information to maintain our network and information security, including protecting your data against loss or damage, theft, or unauthorized access.
• Safeguard Our Interests. We use Personal Information to protect our interests, including establishing, exercising, and defending legal rights and claims.
• Comply with Legal and Compliance Obligations. We use Personal Information, as necessary, to comply with legal requirements (including demonstrating compliance with regulatory requirements); enforce our Code of Conduct; prevent fraud; and stop other prohibited, illegal, or harmful activities. We may also use your information to cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
We do not use sensitive Personal Information, as the California Consumer Privacy Act defines that term, for reasons other than those allowed by California Civil Code section 1798.121(a) and the associated regulations.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
We disclose Personal Information to third parties and others. Specifically, in the last 12 months, we have disclosed your Personal Information to:
• Companies You Choose. We may offer you the option to have us send certain information to third parties or give them access to it. If you choose to do so, your Personal Information and other information may be disclosed to those companies. And that information will be subject to the recipients’ privacy policies and practices.
• Vendors. We disclose Personal Information to our vendors in connection with services they provide us, such as providing analytics, technical support, and telecommunications services. Our vendors are only allowed to use, disclose, or retain the Personal Information to provide those services.
• Retailers and Authorized Vehicle Service Providers. We disclose Identifiers, Consumer Records, Commercial Information, and Marketing and Communication Information to our retailers and authorized vehicle service providers. We provide them this information as needed to honor your request for more information, a price quote, schedule your test drive, or provide repairs or services. We also provide retailers with the foregoing information so they can contact you in their regular course of business.
• Business Partners. We disclose Identifiers, Consumer Records, Internet or Network Activity Information, and Marketing and Communication Information with our business partners that we work with to offer goods and services to customers and potential customers, including SIRIUS XM, joint marketing partners, and advertising and analytics companies.
• Affiliates. We may disclose Personal Information to our Jaguar Land Rover family of companies and affiliates related to us by common control or ownership.
• Rebate/Incentive Providers. We may share Personal Information—such as Identifiers, Consumer Records, Commercial Information—with government agencies or third parties as needed to facilitate your participation in an incentive/rebate.
• Safety & Legal Process. We may disclose your Personal Information to comply with legal processes (such as a court order), cooperate with law enforcement or government agencies, and protect the company and others. For example, we may disclose information to enforce our Terms and Conditions; take precautions against liability; investigate and defend ourselves against allegations, ensure the security or integrity of the Web Properties; and protect our rights, property, or personal safety of JLR USA, our customers, and others.
• Business Transactions. We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, as well as any other information, in connection with the sale, reorganization, or other disposition of all or part of the JLR USA business and/or assets.
We may also continue making such disclosures going forward. Additionally, we may disclose details that are not Personal Information (such as anonymous user usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) to others to demonstrate the usage patterns for our advertisements, content, functionality promotions, competitions, games and/or services on the Web Properties and/or on third party websites.
When We Sell or Share Your Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information to retailers, vehicle service providers, and business partners who can use that information for their own business purposes. Some jurisdictions consider that disclosure a sale because we get something of value in return. We also allow our advertising partners to collect limited information about you when you interact with our Web Properties so that they can provide you with more relevant advertising based on your online interactions with us and others. This is commonly known as targeted advertising. But some states consider the practice to be “selling” or “sharing” your information.
In the last 12 months, we sold or shared the following categories of Personal Information: Identifiers, Consumer Records, Protected Characteristics, Commercial Information, Audio and Visual Information, Internet or Network Activity Information, Geolocation Data, Marketing and Communications Information, Sensitive Personal Information, and Inferences. And we did so to collect data to personalize your experience, provide products and services, perform research and development, and facilitate retailers’ and partners’ offerings.
We do not have actual knowledge that we sold or shared Personal Information on anyone who is younger than 16 years old that has visited our website.
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (DNT) that signals to websites you visit that you do not want them tracking your online activity. Many websites and applications, including the Web Properties, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because those signals are not yet uniform. But you can limit their tracking using the options described above.
We are committed to safeguarding your information. We use reasonable precautions—including technical, organizational, and administrative measures—designed to protect the privacy of your Personal Information, such as your username, password and User Account information. Our security measures, however, are limited to information we control.
The Web Properties may include links and plug-ins to websites operated by third parties, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram buttons (“Third-Party Sites”). JLR USA does not control any Third-Party Sites and is not responsible for any information they may collect/display or their other privacy practices. Please consult those Third-Party Sites’ privacy policies for details on their privacy practices.
Your Privacy Rights
Unless noted below, this section applies only to residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah. To the extent required by law, residents in those states have the following rights concerning their Personal Information:
• Right to Access. You can ask us to provide you details about our collection and use of your Personal Information. Specifically, you can request that we provide you one or more of the following: the categories of Personal Information we collected about you; the categories of sources from which we collected your Personal information; our purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing your Personal Information; the categories of purchasers (grouped by categories of data we sold); the categories of recipients with whom we shared Personal Information (grouped by categories of data we shared); the categories of Personal Information we disclosed for a business purpose to third parties and the categories of such recipients (grouped by the categories of data we disclosed); and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
• Right to Deletion. You can ask us to delete your Personal Information that we collected about you.
• Right to Correction. You can ask us correct inaccurate Personal Information we have about you.
• Right to Details on Direct Marketing. If you are a California resident, you can ask us, once per year, to provide you information regarding our disclosures (if any) of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
• Right to Opt-Out of Sales. You have the right to opt-out from having your Personal Information sold to third parties. We also make this right available to Nevada residents.
• Right to Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising (Sharing). You can ask us to not allow third-party advertisers to collect your information on our website to provide you more relevant advertising based on your activity across multiple websites. [A practice known as “targeted advertising” in some places and “sharing” in California.]
We will not discriminate against you for exercising those rights. If you or your authorized agent want to exercise the above rights, you can submit a request by:
1. Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in the subject line “Consumer Privacy Request” and then explain your request in the body of the message.
2. Calling us at 1-800-452-4827 and explaining your request.
3. Using our web form to submit a request. You can access that form by going to our contact us page, selecting “Customer Relationship Center” as the category, and clicking on “Privacy Request” as the topic.
When you rely on an agent to submit a request, we will require (1) the agent provide us a signed permission demonstrating that you authorized them to act on your behalf and (2) you to verify your identity with us.
Consistent with our commitment to protecting your privacy, we need to verify your identity before we can honor a request to access, correct, or delete information. We will try to verify your identity by asking for your full legal name, phone number, and email address and then comparing that information against our records. Sometimes, however, we may need you to provide us additional information in order to verify your identity, such as recent commercial activity or other identifying details. And, depending on the nature of your request, we may need you to take additional steps to help us verify your identity—such as providing a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose Personal Information is the subject of the request. We will only use this information to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
If we did not honor your request in full, Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia residents can file an appeal by contacting us at Privacy@JaguarLandRover.com. In the subject line, please write: Data Subject Right Appeal. In your email, please include: (1) your name, (2) the date of the decision you are appealing, and (3) an explanation for why you disagree with that decision. We will contact you if we need more information.
If you have questions or comments of any kind, or if you see anything on the Web Properties that you think is inappropriate or incorrect, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com, calling us at (800) 346-3493, or mailing us at:
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
Attn: Customer Care – Privacy Issues
100 Jaguar Land Rover Way
Mahwah, New Jersey 07495
© 2023 Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC. All Rights Reserved.