ACTIVATE JAGUAR PROTECT
In order to benefit from InControl services, you will need to activate the InControl services you have already purchased.
If your dealer has not registered you for an account then follow the simple three-step process below to register, connect and activate your InControl Protect services.
Before you start, you will need:
• Access to the internet and an active email account
• The last 8 characters of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). The location of the VIN can be found in the Vehicle Labels sections of the owner’s handbook
STEP 1: REGISTER
• Visit My Jaguar InControl website and click “create an account”, enter your email address for a registration email to be sent to you.
• Click on the secure link in the email to take you back to the My Jaguar InControl website and follow the setup instructions to enter your contact details, security details and to identify your vehicle.
STEP 2: CONNECT
• Once you have progressed to the ‘Confirm Access to Vehicle’ web page, you will be asked to connect your account with the vehicle to confirm you are the owner or an authorized user of the vehicle
• To connect the vehicle with your account, go to the vehicle and start the engine
• Press and release the cover on the Optimised Jaguar Assistance button located on the left hand side of the overhead console
• Press and hold the button. After a couple of seconds the button will flash amber quickly. Continue holding the button for 10 seconds until the button flashes at a slower rate. Release the Optimised Jaguar Assistance button which will continue to flash slowly for a short period of time.
STEP 3: ACTIVATE
• Return to the My Jaguar InControl website, where the screen will automatically refresh after a few minutes to show your account has been successfully connected to your vehicle
• Complete your vehicle settings by entering a nickname for your vehicle and your registration number. You will also need to confirm if you would like to switch on the journey logging functionality which enables you to review and download your journey information from the smartphone app or the My Jaguar InControl website.
• Your services will then be activated on your vehicle. Once successfully completed, you will receive an email confirming your account is active.
• Please note: If the screen does not refresh to confirm successful connection, please return to step 2 and retry the connect process. If necessary move the vehicle to an area that has better mobile signal coverage.
As we roll out InControl, specific features described may be optional and powertrain dependent. Please consult your local Jaguar Retailer for availability and full terms. Certain features require an appropriate SIM with a suitable data contract, which will require a further subscription after the initial term advised by your retailer. Mobile connectivity cannot be guaranteed in all locations.